Be Better at…
Group Facilitation is often referred to as the new cornerstone of management philosophy. With its focus on fairness and creating an easy decision making process. Creating a relaxed environment through better facilitation will give you a better understanding of what a good facilitator can do to improve any meeting or gathering.
The Be Better at Group Facilitation workshop can help any organisation make better decisions. This workshop will give you an understanding of what facilitation is all about, as well as some tools that you can use to facilitate small groups. A strong understanding of how you as a facilitator can command a room and dictate the pace of a meeting will have you on the road to becoming great facilitators.
- Define facilitation and identify its purpose and benefits.
- Clarify the role and focus of a facilitator.
- Differentiate between process and content in the context of a group discussion.
- Provide tips in choosing and preparing for facilitation.
- Identify a facilitator’s role when managing groups in each of Tuckman and Jensen’s stages of group development: forming, storming, norming and performing.
- Identify ways a facilitator can help a group reach a consensus: from encouraging participation to choosing a solution.
- Provide guidelines in dealing with disruptions, dysfunctions and difficult people in groups.
- Define what interventions are, when they are appropriate and how to implement them.